Welcome to Presbyblog
Grace and peace to you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Thanks for coming by.
My name is Bob Davis. I am a pastor serving Chula Vista Presbyterian Church in San Diego Presbytery. I have been involved in ministry and denominational events since 1996. Through the years, I have written and accumulated a ton of stuff -- this site is a repository of material from a those various endeavors.
SAN DIEGO PRESBYTERY: I am often asked how I will vote on amendments approved by General Assembly and sent to presbytery's for their affirmative/negative vote. Linked here is my summary and rationale for how I will vote.
- Sermons: The texts of sermons delivered as far back as I began scripting them.
Yes, you will find some illustrations occasionally repeated. Can't help it; some things are A-material and deserve to be used more than once.
I have tried to be good about giving credit for ideas I have picked up elsewhere; however, it did not occur to me while writing that these manuscripts would end up being posted online. Where you discover I have failed to provide appropriate citation -- and there are plenty of places throughout where that is the case -- please let me know so that I can revise the file.
- Articles: These are pieces written for publications as varied as church newsletters to national magazines.
- Archives: Over the years I have amassed volumes of material that need to be stored somewhere -- this seemed as good a place as any.
- The NAUT: (NaryAn Unpublished Thought): Reflections, observations, and journaling at my finest (as opposed to "its finest"). This is mostly related to the politics and polity of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
- Biography: Provides a brief background and -- if the mood strikes -- a few pictures.
Every now and then, someone will ask if they may use something they found here. The answer is: yes, if I said it or wrote it, you can quote me. If you use something, just please give attribution and let me know if it was helpful to you. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.